Lovely readers, sorry if I have been a bit absent, but I have a very good reason! If you have not already heard the buzz on Facebook, my first book Love in Every Bite: The Secret to Cooking Healthy Recipes with Positive Energy is now available on Amazon.
The book consists of 30 delicious, healthy and easy to prepare recipes that are naturally gluten free to bring magic into your kitchen and love into your life.
I am ecstatic to tell you that in less than 24 hours it reached the first page of results in both the Gluten Free and Consciousness & Thought categories! Making the book a bestseller almost immediately. My goal was to eventually be on the bestseller list in the categories listed and I thought it would take me a while to get there. But it happened in 24 hours thanks to the support of my readers, friends and family. I am overjoyed by the response to the book! Thank you!
If you haven’t had a chance, I wanted to take this opportunity to invite you to check it out for yourself. You can preview much of the book on Amazon to see if it catches your fancy. If you are a member of Kindle Unlimited you can read it for FREE, and if you don’t have a kindle, don’t worry, Amazon has apps available that allow you to read kindle books on any of your devices. So there is nothing stopping you!
Valentine’s Day is coming soon and although this is not strictly a Valentine’s themed book, it does dovetail nicely in with the holiday because it is all about infusing the food you cook for your loved ones with, well love of course. I believe it is important to show your love everyday. Therefore, I am going to share some love with my readers today, in two ways:
1) Today I am going to share with you a recipe from the book for Decadent Brownies with Cherries and next week, I will share another, so you can get a literal taste of what the book offers.
2) On February 11, 2016 I am going to be giving away several prizes to three lucky winners. Winners will be able to choose, on a first come, first served basis one of three options:
A) (for US based residents only) a “Buckets of Love”, Gourmet Valentine’s Gift Basket from Lake Champlain Chocolates, a local favorite of mine.
B) A custom recipe, developed by me, especially for you using your three favorite ingredients
C) An email consultation to discuss the book, or any questions you might have about how to implement the material
*3 winners will be chosen and each will have 24 hours to respond to the message, at which time another winner(s) will be chosen. I will contact winners via The Yum Queen facebook page, so please check in on the 11th so see if you’ve been chosen.
Here’s how to enter:
1) Check out Love in Every Bite
2) Post about the book on your facebook page while tagging @TheYumQueen OR Make any recipe from the book
3) If you make a recipe, share a picture of the recipe you made on your Facebook page, while linking to the book, to share with your friends and also post the picture to my Facebook page, The Yum Queen
On Thursday, February 11, I will choose 3 winners at random to be gifted with the prizes! If you are the first person to respond, you get to choose from the 3 prizes offered. If you are the second, you can choose from the two remaining and so on.
Now for the sweet treat!
Decadent Brownies with Cherries
This is a nice healthy indulgence for someone whose life you want to infuse with a little sweetness. I love adding cinnamon to anything chocolate; it adds a warming and soothing element. The cherries are a nice little surprise to find inside. These brownies take only a few minutes to put together, are packed with protein and have very little sugar. But that can be our little secret; these are so decadent, no one will ever know!
- 1 cup almond butter
- ½ cup full fat coconut milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 2 TBS raw honey
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup of cherries (frozen or fresh)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease an 8x8 pan.
- Mix all the ingredients together, except the chocolate chips and the cherries, once incorporated fold in the chocolate chips and cherries.
- Pour brownie batter into pan.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes.
- I usually cut these a little smaller than regular brownies because they are so rich.
FEED YOUR CHAKRAS: heart
Wonderful post. Those brownies sound amazing
gail mills says
Would so love a chance to win