Back to grilling in this post! Summer is for grilling, so fire it up once again!
Last time I shared a recipe for perfectly grilled summer vegetables and now I am here to offer something even easier! Grilled Mahi Mahi burgers from Trader Joe’s topped with a homemade fresh mango salsa! This is another quick and easy summer dinner, perfect for a weeknight and those dog days of summer when you want something light, tropical inspired and cooling.
Mahi Mahi is one of our favorite fishes. We eat it often when we are in Florida. It is a meaty white fish with a texture more like salmon than flaky like flounder. The flavor is light and it pairs perfectly tropical fruit salsas. In this recipe I am sharing an easy recipe for mango salsa. It gets its kick from spicy peppadew peppers, which also are sweet and therefore pairs really well with mango.
The burgers only take a few minutes on the grill and you can whip up the salsa in the meantime. The result is bursting with fresh flavors that you are sure to enjoy!
- 1 Box of Trader Joe’s Mahi Mahi Burgers
- 4 hamburger buns ( I used Udi's Gluten Free Whole Grain Hamburger Buns)
- 1 recipe of fresh mango salsa (see below)
- mayonnaise (optional)
- Mango Salsa:
- 1 really ripe mango, cut into small cubes
- juice of one lime
- ½ cup of sweet onion, diced
- ¼ cup peppadew peppers (I used the ones from Trader Joe's but these are great too Peppadew Sweet Piquant Peppers), diced
- 2 TBS fresh cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat grill. While it is heating up make the mango salsa. Place all of the salsa ingredients in a bowl and mix together. Cook the Mahi Mahi burgers – grill on each side for about 4-5 minutes. Top with mango salsa and maybe a dollop of mayo and dinner is served! Mango salsa serves 4.
UP THE YUM: baste the burgers with a little lime juice before grilling to another layer of taste
Leave a Reply